Sunday, February 26, 2006

Not my finest hour

In the midst of some extremely difficult parenting early this morning, I admit to having the urge to throw on some shoes and a coat and jog to the nearest highway to sport a handmade cardboard sign reading: "Anywhere but here."

The official stats for the night:

Time I spent asleep: 90 minutes (insomnia, potty breaks, and the activites of our intrepid toddler)

Amount of time between 4:30 am and 5:30 am that Miss M was throwing a tantrum: about 40 minutes

Amount of time it felt like: at least 4 hours

Number of houseguests (from a synagogue youth group) awakened: I have to assume 5/5

Number of calls made to 911/the police/CPS: Zero, as far as we know, but it's still before 9.

Number of our parents we have to deal with today: Three (my dad and Taxman's parents)

The good news is that after everyone's respective nervous breakdowns, Miss M slept until 7:30. The bad news is that upon awakening and discovering that I was in the shower and not immediately next to her, there was yet another round of extreme crying.

I really don't think I am physcially capable (never mind mentally) of handling my life.

No comments: