Thursday, February 02, 2006

Vegas is astounded

The bookmakers are shocked (shocked, I tell you!), but not nearly as flabbergasted as One Tired Ema and Taxman.

Miss M, for all intents and purposes, slept through the night. In her own bed. One night after the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad night. If I may borrow a phrase from Phantom, this one is definitely being submitted to the Journal of Irreproducible Results. Tonight there will be trauma from the very start because Taxman is putting Miss M to bed; I will be (exultant!) at my book club meeting.

(In equally surprising news, I did not have to use the bathroom between 11:30 and 3; but at 3 I realized that I was probably getting dehydrated, so I had a drink and was up again at 4:30 & 5:30.)

During the 3:00 potty break, I checked to make sure Miss M was breathing. All clear. At 4:30 Miss M demanded about 5 seconds of face time from me, then Taxman, and proceeded to put herself back to sleep--in her bed--without so much as a sip of water. (That was EIGHT hours from the time she fell asleep.) Until 6:30, when she trotted over and wanted to nurse. Thank goodness that kept her entertained for half an hour, because she was not going to go back to sleep!

Sadly, after the 4:30 arousal, even Taxman caught the "when is she going to wake up again" bug and claims (note: he was definitely sleeping at 5:30) he did not have quality sleep after that. But still.

A miracle in our time.

No comments: